3 Quick & Easy Vegan Muffins
It's handy to have a muffin recipe for when you need a fun and tasty treat as a gift for a loved one or for a daily snack.
I have 3 easy recipes below. I bake one of these recipes every week. They are delicious with a cup of tea. They are all similar to one another which makes them easy to remember. I use spelt flour as it's higher in fibre but feel free to use plain flour. I also use coconut sugar but use whichever sugar you have. You can substitute nut milk instead of oil for a lower fat content. All recipes make 12 muffins.
CHOCOLATE AND BANANA
Preheat oven to 180c or 356f
1 cup spelt flour
1/2 cup raw cacao
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch pink salt
4 very ripe bananas
3/4 cup nut milk or milk of choice
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup rapeseed oil or pure vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mash the bananas in a bowl
2. Add the coconut sugar and mix.
3. Add the vanilla extract, milk, oil and maple syrup. Mix together.
4. In a separate bowl sieve the flour, raw cacao, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix together.
5. Add the dry ingredients to wet and mix together.